Develop negotiation, leadership, & self-advocacy skills, and broaden social and professional networks!
Fall 2013 Leadership and Professional Development Program: Objective Analysis of Self and Institution Seminar (OASIS)
OASIS is a program for STEM faculty in Central PA, in affiliation with Rutgers University, that supports the career development and advancement of academic STEM women through a combination of skills workshops, peer-mentoring, networking and coaching opportunities. The program is hosted by STEM-UP PA, a National
Science Foundation grant program to increase the representation of women
academics in STEM fields.
Workshop Topics Fall 2013
Leading and Collaborating Successfully: September 21, 2013
Leadership Presence for the 21st Century: October 11, 2013
Preparing for Successful Negotiations: November 2, 2013
Creating Balance and Integrating Work and Life: November 22, 2013
All dates are on Friday evenings from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm; located at Dixon University Center, 2986 North Second St., Harrisburg, PA 17110. Dinner/lunch and parking are provided.
• Pre-workshop personal goal setting session
• One-on-one coaching conversations to help focus goals and resolve challenges
• Interactive workshops to develop skills
• Peer-mentoring groups during and post program to apply skills
• Networking with program participants and senior women scholars to help build alliances for continued support from the STEM community
This program is for female STEM faculty of all career levels. The cohort will consist of approximately 20 participants. Benefits to participants include:
- Clarity about their professional goals and how to achieve them
- Skill development in topics such as negotiation, leadership, teamwork, and self advocacy
- An expanded community of colleagues
- Strategies for enhanced work-life balance
- Awareness of their skill gaps in leadership
Full participation is important to the success of the program. By accepting to participate in the OASIS program you are making a commitment to attend each workshop as well as additional mentoring activities.
Applicants should inquire at their institutions about institutional support for the program fee of $825.00
Cancellation and Refunds: STEM-UP PA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events and courses at its own discretion. Should a program be cancelled by the STEM-UP PA for any reason, a full refund will be issued. Cancellations received in writing to Ms. Yvonne Dunst (firstname.lastname@example.org) for individual registrants more than 7 days prior to the start of a program or event are eligible for a 50% refund of fees paid. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received from individual registrants 6 or less days prior to the start of the event.
For registration questions contact Yvonne Dunst, Innovation Transfer Network, at email@example.com or (717) 948-6455.